Top Gun (Two-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / Digital Copy)

November 18, 2013 - Comment

Top Gun takes a look at the danger and excitement that awaits every pilot at the Navy’s prestigious fighter weapons school. Tom Cruise is superb as Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a daring young flyer who’s out to become the best of the best. And Kelly McGillis sizzles as the civilian instructor who teaches Maverick a few

Buy Now! $15.25Amazon.com Price
(as of 09/24/2017 6:27 pm CDT - Details)

Top Gun takes a look at the danger and excitement that awaits every pilot at the Navy’s prestigious fighter weapons school. Tom Cruise is superb as Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a daring young flyer who’s out to become the best of the best. And Kelly McGillis sizzles as the civilian instructor who teaches Maverick a few things you can’t learn in a classroom.

Comments

Brandon Toy says:

OK3 Top Gun never claims to have epic scope, emotional gravitas, or a deep plot. I imagine that those who criticize this movie for its supposed shortcomings also look upon the Three Stooges with disgust for not exploring the depth of Moe’s antagonistic relationship with Curly. The fact is that only about 10% of films released in general circulation attempt to have the depth of a Citizen Kane or Godfather. Among the other 90%, Top Gun is the best of the best.Top Gun’s obvious strength is the aerial visuals. Not since perhaps Howard Hughes’ Jet Pilot has there been such an ambitious attempt to capture the look and feel of high performance flight. The F-14’s photogenic qualities combine with Tony Scott’s signature backlighting to create a terrific sense of energy and screen presence for the Grumman bird. The tactical realism may suffer, but the tight spacing and resulting packed frames of the ACM sequqnces are uniquely energetic and fast-paced. It is a shame that this may…

Kim G. says:

Do Not Buy! Do not buy this BluRay 3D DVD set! The picture quality is absolutely terrible. It looks like a grainy, old VHS video tape and the 3D effects don’t look that great either. The worst thing about this purchase is you have to open the package to see how bad it looks, and then you will only be eligible for a 50% refund, and you will have to pay for your own return shipping.I am seriously re-thinking the purchase of anymore DVD’s from Amazon because of this return policy.

Freddy says:

I demand re-release of this dvd. 4:3 ratio screen is very good transfer. However, wide-screen isn’t really wide screen. it’s a 4:3 screen chopped off from top and bottom. in other word, instead of having a whole theatrical picture, what you get is picture that’s been chopped up both vertical and horizontally. what we are seeing is only 1/3 of what’s filmed, which is even smaller than 4:3. somebody cheated big time from paramount. setup menu is false leading. I want to see entire wing span on F-14! It does make huge difference on impact in fighting scene. movie this good must be done right. and while at it, make it a anamorphic enhanced.

Write a comment